AUSTIN IMPACT ACCELERATOR
We focus on AFFORDABILITY (Housing + Transit) & WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT Innovations.
The Austin Impact Accelerator is a free acceleration program based in Austin, TX that develops and brings to market a cohort of solutions focused primarily and purposefully on affordability and workforce development.
Impact Hub Austin is interested in supporting innovative solutions to our communities toughest issues. We understand that the public, non-profit and private sector play by different rules, have different funding strategies, unique market variables and more. This Accelerator is uniquely developed with these unique components in mind as we look to support solutions that can have the biggest impact regardless of the sector.
AUSTIN IS THRIVING, AND…
But not everyone enjoys the same opportunities in Austin…
- 1 out of 4 renters pay more than 50% of their income on housing
- Austin housing cost increases are outpacing household income at a rate of nearly 750%
- There has been a 30% increase in homeless AISD students in the past two years.
But everyone deserves economic security in Austin…
1 out of 3 Travis County residents are considered low-income 20% of adults in Travis County cannot read or write well enough to fill out a job application 50% of the jobs created between 2009 and 2013 do not pay a living wage
OUR COLLECTIVE IMPACT
Austin Mayor, Steve Adler
WE MAKE LASTING IMPACT IN AUSTIN AND BEYOND.
- 875 individuals and families empowered with attainable housing
- 470 individuals equipped with training and/or employment options that provide a living wage
- 27 new solutions formed and launched addressing economic opportunity and housing
- $9.6 million dollars raised by ventures for pilots and follow-on funding
- 60% of founders and participants are either women and/or people of color
- 3 data reports published enabling smarter policy and stronger civic engagement. 1 of these reports went on to win the World Economic Forums “Shaping our Cities Future” Challenge
OUR WORK WOULDN’T BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT THE COLLABORATION AND SUPPORT OF OUR COMMUNITY PARTNERS.
- City of Austin Mayors Office
- Capital Area Workforce Solutions
- Neighborhood Community Development Department
- JP Morgan Chase
- Mueller Foundation
- Austin Community College
- Guadalupe Neighborhood Development Corporation
- Noble Capital
- Austin Board of Realtors
- Capital Plus Financial
AND A SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR CURRENT SPONSORS