Date(s) - 10/04/2019
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Impact Hub Austin
This is a closed session, check back for updates.
What people are saying:
“Great class. Worth every penny. All of the class time and homework really focus you on the viability of your idea. I’ve made some important breakthroughs. This is where everyone should start.” — Charlie Roadman
“I’ve taken Impact Hub Austin’s early stage six week course, and couldn’t be more impressed with the value. The insight and clarity are the result of a vast amount of experience honing down the most critical steps founders can take to increase the success rate of their startup. The first day you work with Ada, you’ll immediately wish you had taken the steps to work with her sooner.” – Alex Wright
This class is for you if …
- You have a “big idea” and are wondering if it can work, or have been working on an idea and would like to go faster
- You are a first-time founder and would like to improve your effectiveness in the challenging new role
- You are an experienced founder with a new idea or have just pivoted, and would like a more advanced and effective approach to the early stage work.
Getting an idea off the ground takes a lot longer and is more overwhelming that most people would like to admit. There are many founders who are working very hard, taking a lot of action, but not getting to the next level and on to growth. Being an effective founder is no easy task. Those who have done it know exactly how hard it is.
This class has two basic premises:
- You can learn how to become an effective founder. It isn’t magic — its method.
- First-time founders don’t need beginner tools — they need the most advanced ones that help the most.
This 6-session class gives you an advanced approach to managing the early stage. We will start with a sophisticated overview of the entire process and then expand on each major part that is important in the early stage. We use a framework to organize it all, and give you effective practical tools that help you ask better questions. You will start applying best practices from the very first session, and value keeps coming every week.
This class will give you:
CONFIDENCE with tools and critical concepts for the early-stage:
- Use proven tools to de-risk your business model
- Consider critical new ways to analyze the market to understand your true competitors
- Dive deep into understanding the “customer” and the “problem.”
CLARITY on what to do and why
- Save time & money by knowing the right action to take at the right time
- Understand “traction metrics.”
- Bring rigor & data to inform business strategy through Lean Methodology
COMMUNITY & SUPPORT
- Participate with a committed cohort of people on a similar journey
- Impact Hub Austin access: discounted membership + membership perks + special event invitations
Time: Friday mornings from 9:15a to 11:45a
Dates: Sept 5, 13, 20, 27, Oct 4, 11
Where: Impact Hub Austin – West Monroe in the Loft
About Impact Hub Austin
Impact Hub Austin offers community workspaces for freelancers, social entrepreneurs, and makers of all industries. The Hub also offers programs and events that connect Austin to a global network for good.
The Loft classroom at Impact Hub Austin – West Monroe is one of the best classrooms in town. There are no overhead fluorescent lights, the furniture is comfortable, and one entire wall is all whiteboard.
About the Facilitator, Ada Ryland
Ada Ryland is an early-stage founder coach in Austin, Texas. Her focus is founder effectiveness and giving frameworks and tools that make the difference in that super-early, very-uncertain stage every startup founder faces. She has a framework that integrates principles and tools of customer development, advanced lean startup methodologies, academic theories of innovation, science, and other seemingly unrelated topics in a coherent and effective way.
See what people say about working with Ada https://www.linkedin.com/in/ada-ryland/