Date(s) - 01/15/2019
9:15 am - 11:45 am
Impact Hub South Austin
This 6-week course will start you down the road to develop needed leadership and founder skills for your idea.
This early-stage founder course brings together a framework and tools that will help you navigate this situation of “extreme uncertainty” — training you to ask better questions and to find the evidence that you have a business idea worth pursuing.
This Course is For You If…
- You are a first-time founder
- You are a founder with a business idea in “ideation” or is just getting started. This could be pre-customer or still low in customer numbers.
- A leader with business/start-up that hasn’t gotten the growth that you were expecting,
- A person in “preparation mode” — you might be strongly considering becoming a founder, but haven’t yet made the leap.
What You’ll Gain:
PROBLEM-SOLVING with tools and critical concepts
- Use 3 different tools to model the business idea to determine the riskiest part of your business model & what to do about it
- Identify if your idea is sustainable and scalable.
- Consider new ways to analyze the market to understand your true competitors
- Gain competency in understanding the “customer” and the “problem”
- Understand what should be informing your solution design and how to test “problem-solution” fit.
- Improve your process of finding your early adopters. Learn how to run effective experiments that reliably and methodically improve your chances
METRICS that matter
- Consider your “offer conversion rate” and learn why it is a useful as an organizing principle and what to do to improve it
- Understand “traction metrics” and determine how to track progress through the early stage
- Learn how to have customer interview information be used as data and insights.
- Design and execute experiments to provide directly relevant data to inform your decisions.
- Explore strategic options to determine your best approach
- Learn customer interviewing techniques
- Understand the components of an effective “investor offer” and what to do to prepare properly for an investor conversation
- Design your action plan to move forward past the end date of the program
COMMUNITY & WELLNESS
- Opportunity for discounted membership for the duration of the 6-week course, if not already an Impact Hub Austin member.
- Gain access to member perks at Impact Hub Austin, like yoga, mindfulness classes, and other wellness opportunities.
- Invitations to community events that promote social entrepreneurship, public/private partnerships, civic issues, personal development, and more.
About Impact Hub Austin
Impact Hub Austin offers community workspaces for freelancers, social entrepreneurs, and makers of all industries. The Hub also offers programs and events that connect Austin to a global network for good.
About the Facilitator, Ada Ryland
Ada Ryland is an early-stage founder coach with a passion for that super-early, very-uncertain stage every startup founder faces. Ada’s approach integrates principles of customer development, advanced lean startup methodologies, academic theories of innovation, science, and other seemingly unrelated topics into a coherent and effective framework.